July 19, 2007

Weblog Entry 7.19.07

07.07.07

I know I have been a terrible blogger lately. And just so that all of you know ... it really does bother me when I don't update it weekly.

I had the honor of photographing a wedding in Boston for the most sought after wedding date of 2007. Actually we were in the quaint little town of Cambridge for the wedding and reception.

This wedding was a beautiful mix of cultures. The groom was from New Zealand and the bride from the states.

There were a ton of shots that I loved from this wedding, but unfortunately, I can't put them all up on Blogger. So, make sure you check out the slideshow at the end of this post for a look at a lot more images!




Anne's dress was absolutely gorgeous!











Here is Anne, looking STUNNING!



And her beau looking quite dashing!



and a few shots of the two of them ...














Their ceremony and reception were filled with traditions and ceremonies from both cultures...


I love how the rabbi had everyone attending the ceremony come up to the chupah and become an integrated part of the marriage. He talked about how a successful marriage is one that involves, not only the couple, but everyone who is a part of the couple's lives. He mentioned how important it is was to have friends and family as a support structure.


and no Jewish ceremony is complete without dancing the horah and the chair dance!




I believe this is called the 'haka'. Used to ward off evil spirits in New Zealand tradition, if I remember correctly. Let me tell you, it was pretty scary stuff.

As I mentioned, I could have put up easily a hundred photos from their wedding weekend ... but then my whole blog would have only had one wedding on it!

So, be sure to click SLIDESHOW to see more!

This wedding was one of the VERY few that I shot by myself (except for the ceremony ... my wonderful husband helped out with that! So a big thank you to him).

Anne and Michael ...

I wish you a lifetime of happiness and thank you again for trusting me with such a special day!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome photos! I can feel the love in the photo where the couple is surrounded by their family and friends. Also love the shot of the couple with the bride's veil blowing in the wind.

July 20, 2007 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home