July 18, 2007

Weblog Entry 7.18.07

Someone asked me the other day what my favorite part of shooting a wedding was (Karen U ... that's you). I answered the question with some thoughts on all of the importance the day holds and how every detail is thought out, but the more I think about it, the more I think it is the people and all of the wonderful emotions that surround such a beautiful day.
It may sound a bit cliché, but I truly believe that I have the best clients in the world. Seeing them on their wedding day, so full of joy and so absolutely in love is like a drug for me and, hence, totally addictive.
All of this goes along with loving what you do. I started talking about this with some of my friends the other day …. And some interesting answers came from this question:
What would you do for a living if you could do something you loved?
Ask someone you are very close to. Their answer might surprise you. It surprised me. A lot of times, it doesn’t have to do with money or fame. It has to do with what truly makes us whole on the inside.
Just some thoughts that were clamoring around in my brain today.
And you all know I love to share :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neysa, I told you-I'm a blog stalker!! Once again, let me tell you how refreshing it is to find someone who clearly loves what she does. I think that's what makes you stand out from the others--you see a wedding as the human/emotional experience that it should be rather than the event/business centered experience that it often becomes.

July 19, 2007 12:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very true, photography seems like more than a business to you, it's your passion. Someone asked me a similar question a few days ago..."Why do we work?" Relatedly, they asked, "What would you do if you could do anything?" Basically, they were addressing the importance of doing what you love, and doing it with passion.

July 20, 2007 11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home