September 07, 2007

Weblog Entry 9.07.07

Allison
I love senior pictures - but what do I love the most about doing them???
Doing them differently!
I had such fun with Allison. We really got some great stuff from her session.
First, here are a few studio portraits. I don't spend a whole lot of time in the studio when I can be outdoors. And, truth be known ... a lot of times, we don't shoot in the studio at all.








We headed out to Ault Park for our location. Allison wanted a park setting and this is the only park I know of that has flowers right now - everyone else's are dead or brown. If anyone knows of any other parks, feel free to leave them in the comments. I always love checking out new places.

I love the waterfall fountain in the background.

This next shot is one of those that I just had to take. I love the fact that she is the only real 'color' in the photo and that she stands out from the steps in a subtle way (probably because she is the only thing not made of concrete). I also love that everything is bathed in this warm light.


A 'study' ...



I told Allison that every shoot that I do ... I try and do one thing 'new'. This was it for me. I wanted to get some nice sun flare. Now sometimes when I try new things ... they flop. Yeah - I hate to admit it - but it's true. The good news is, I learn something EVERY time no matter the outcome - even if it is what NOT to do. In this case, it was definitely NOT a flop. I absolutely love this photo. Might go on my list of all time favorites.

and the light just keeps getting better ...





How do I always end up with these girls with GORGEOUS eyes??

And then the light was gone ... these last couple were taken when the light had all but vanished. However, I love the way they have a bit of an 'eerie' feel to them. What was the name of that movie with Johnny Depp .... ???

Sleepy Hollow



Allison, I hope you have a great senior year! I loved working with you! Seriously ... you are a dream to photograph.

Ok ... enough for today.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the outdoor photos. The lighting in the first two outdoor shots and your flare shot is amazing. Nice job!

September 08, 2007 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home