November 10, 2006

Weblog Entry 11.10.06

Beauty
Being a photographer, I find beauty in everyone that I photograph. I believe that every one of us is beautiful in our own unique way and it is my job to capture that.
I found this on Dove's website and had to share.
It is no wonder our view of "beauty" is so distorted.
When I work in Photoshop, I 'keep it real'. I don't stretch necks, enlarge eyes, lips or breasts or do any head swapping.
I'm so glad to see a company celebrating real beauty.
Want to be beautiful?
Look in the mirror. You already are.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nicke said...

Wow, I knew that companies modified the pictures in their ads but I had no idea that they went so far. So the pictures that I and other women look at everyday that mold the world's view of beauty are not even real.
Women come in so many sizes and colors that there can't possibly be just one standard of beauty. Not only do I appreciate Dove for being a company that is standing for real beauty I also appreciate you Neysa for seeing the real beauty in the pics you take.

November 10, 2006 10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surprising video. I, too, thought that companies edited pics, but not to the extremes that the video illustrated.

November 13, 2006 1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THAT'S CRAZY!! I never knew that they did all of that...it's insane!

December 05, 2006 9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home