February 03, 2006

Weblog Entry 2.21

Here is an extremely interesting statistic for all of you out there with websites:
"Internet users can take just 0.05 second to decide whether they like the look of a website, research found, and this first impression has a lasting impact. In comparison, it takes a human 0.05 second to read one word. This result suggests that humans make very quick judgements based on some sort of emotional reaction, which is independent of our cognitive system. This ability to respond rapidly may help humans dealing with dangerous situations in the evolutionary terms, but it makes a web designer's job much more difficult."
- an excerpt from Life Records blog
So, what this means to me is ... if you don't grab someone right 'out of the gate' so to speak. You have already lost them. I think this is very believable. I find myself doing the same thing when I am surfing. I call it my quick clicker finger.
and my ADD :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home