January 30, 2006

Weblog Entry 2.19

Public transportation
I am a bus rider. I take this form of public transportation almost everyday.
Quite frankly, I don't think I should be trusted behind the wheel of a car until I've had at least 2 cups of coffee and have been awake for 3 full hours.
I like not having to deal with traffic during rush hour.
I like getting a few extra minutes of sleep in the morning on my way in.
I like that I only have to fill up my car every two weeks (which is something I truly despise).
I like listening to other people’s conversations. Partly because I am just plain nosey and partly because it keeps me up to date on current events. I find out the morning news and hear all of the sports scores from the previous day which I will use to appear informed later on in the day.
I like the fact that I don't have to shell out money to park downtown every day and I can use that money for other things.
I like that I am not contributing to air pollution anymore than I 'have to'.
I like that I am also not contributing to the downtown traffic congestion. At first it was difficult giving up the freedom of being able to leave whenever I chose. After a few weeks, I got used to it.
This method doesn't work for everyone.
All I am saying is that it works for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home