August 25, 2006

Weblog Entry 8.25.06

An artist ...
I love working with other artists. In this case, the artist is a musician. Greg Weyman is an amazing guitar player who is truly talented. I had the honor of working with him on some shots for his portfolio. As always, here are a few of my favorites...

We went out to a more industrial part of town for the shoot. We set him up and I photographed him while he played. I love it when I get live music performed during my shoots :) It's a perk.

If you have read any of my previous posts, you SHOULD be able to guess when this photograph was taken.

Anyone?

Yes, an hour or so before sunset. I love the way the light creates a beautiful outline of him. You just can't PAY for light like this.

A couple more shots of him 'getting his groove on'.



Thus far ... this is my favorite place to shoot. Shockingly enough ... it isn't in the best part of town. My husband knows this is normal for me. I tend to always navigate to the parts of town that are in a general state of decay (which he is never amused by). However, the colors at this location are truly amazing. No 'studio' shot could even come close (good thing, since my studio is not done yet).

I never seem to remember to pull out my new lens when I shoot weddings. On this shoot, not only did it seem appropriate to use it, but the effect is exactly what I had pictured in my head.



Greg ... thank you so much for trusting me with your photos. I'll give you a call when they are ready for pick up.

1 Comments:

Blogger KMP said...

Neysa-

I love these! I love the Lens Baby too. I'll try to remind you to use it at weddings. Also love the site, the light...wow.

August 25, 2006 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home