February 24, 2006

Weblog Entry 2.40

I read a disturbing statistic today. It said that suicide rates and deaths are higher in the month of February than in any other. People who know me know that I do not watch the news or read a newspaper. Some say that it is important to keep up with current events. I find the news discouraging. I find that it tends to focus too much on the negative. I used to watch. I used to read. I read about bombings, homicides, suicides, drownings, accidents, robberies, kidnappings, stabbings, wars, and general acts of hatred. I refuse to keep these types of images in my mind and in my thoughts. It pollutes the mind and, to some, can begin to seem very commonplace. Personally I don't want to hear about these things so often that when I hear them they don't affect me anymore. I don't want to become numb to anything so horrible. I want them to remain uncommon and shocking to me.
To counter this statistic, I thought about myself, my life and what I love about it. I put together a list of my top ten (although I could have gone on and on).

Top ten things I love about my life and being me
I love being married
I love being a mom
I love that my daughter and I have an amazing relationship
I love that she is as beautiful inside as she is out
I love that I am able to share my passion as an artist with others
I love that I am surrounded by good friends every day of my life
I love that I have a beautiful home that is safe, warm, and inviting in which to live
I love that I have a family who loves me unconditionally
I love that my husband is my best friend and my biggest fan
I just love being me
Maybe everyone reading this should take a moment to think about their lives as well and come up with their own list. If, for no other reason, than to remind yourself of all of the good things about you and your life. Trust me ... it will make you smile.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks mommy! I love you too! I think that I might do that, ya know make my own list of things....

February 27, 2006 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home