February 16, 2006

Weblog Entry 2.33

I got a new camera!
It has to be one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen in my life! This is what mother's feel like the first time they see their baby! Ok, maybe that is a stretch, but seriously, I couldn't be any more excited. I have had a constant smile on my face for so long now that my cheeks actually hurt.
Since I have been forbidden to carry any equipment or do much of anything with my left arm since my injury, I am using a tripod.
I even blew these pictures up to 100% and they are tack sharp. Amazing stuff here.
All the things I hoped this camera would be, it is (times 10). So far I am just floored. The menu is easier to use than my current camera, and it has so many more features all at the touch of my fingertips rather than buried in the menu. This is especially important when shooting in manual mode. It is truly a work of art all by itself, but look at the cool art it CREATES as well.

Keeping in mind that I don't have PERSON to photograph right now; this is what I came up with tonight. I like them. Well, obviously I do or I would have posted them out here. Yeah, it's true, you guys don't get to see my flops. Sorry. Maybe once we get to know each other a bit more. However, if you read my previous post, you'll know that with this camera I was hoping to improve my ratio of good to bad shots. And so far I am on a roll. I took 4 shots to get these two. And the only reason I threw the other two out was because I liked the crops on these better. Other than that ... they were great as well. Amazing. Absolutely amazing. Now if I could just get some 'people' shots with this thing! Volunteers? Anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home